Doing great art is only part of the equation! How you present it within a mat or frame will either make or break it! In the upcoming Mat & Frame Workshop, we will address these 5 finishing touches to enhance your art, creative matting options and more!
Mat & Frame Workshop
Monday, June 27th
9:00 – 12:00
Workshop fee $30 Studio fee $5
REGISTER and receive a free consult on your art!
Audrey Bottrell 417-848-0894
- Placement and size of your signature. Where and how you place your signature can steal the focus off your art. You want the viewer to know who the artist is without taking away from your work.
- Mat selection. A mat that is too small will crowd and one that is too large can overpower your art. Color is also important. The color and size should draw your eye into the art.
- Frame selection. Select a frame that looks best with your art, not one that goes with your home decor. The width of the frame is also important. A narrow width on a large piece will not feel substantial enough to support, while too wide a frame can overpower your art.
- Glass. There are so many choices! Does it matter? YES!! Reflections on the glass can make it difficult to see your art! Museum, non-glare, UV glass are options to consider depending on your art.
- Backing. Why should I be concerned with what is on the back of the frame? First, it’s all part of the package! Dust and small bugs can work their way into the frame and show up in view. Plus, you want to present your art paying close attention to details with the whole package.