Below are classes that are being offered at Splatter Art Studio. Some are ongoing; all you have to do is show up, even if you have not been to the others.
- Acrylic Pours – See What Everyone’s Talking About!
Come join the fun as we explore Acrylic Pouring techniques:
- Flip Cup
- Dirty Pour
- Tree Ring
All supplies will be provided and NO EXPERIENCE is necessary. The cost of the class is $35 plus a $5 studio fee.
Come and experience it for the first time or build on your existing skills. Space is limited, so don’t delay!
C’mon… Get your pour on!!!
- Beginning Drawing with John Whytock
This series of 4 classes that take place on Thursdays from 1/3/18 thru 1/24/18, is designed for individuals with little to no drawing experience. You will learn form, perspective, composition, light and shadow, and techniques to improve hand/eye coordination that will assist you in achieving realistic renderings.
All materials and studio fees are included.
Click HERE for more info.
- Watercolor Secrets for Beginners Update!Watercolor Secrets for Beginners Update!Change in length of workshop to one day.The workshop will be held on Saturday. October 20th 10-2. The cost is $120 and includes all supplies and studio fees. In this workshop you will learn about brushes and their different uses; papers and how to handle them; and alternative techniques to get special effects as well as composition tips and starting a painting. You will have the opportunity to apply those techniques during the classes. The workshop will be limited to 6 in order to accommodate everyone. This is a workshop aimed at those who have not used watercolor much or at all, and those that want to learn more about the basic materials and techniques that are available. To sign up for this workshop, PM me, email at email@example.com or go to the Splatter webpage webpage https://splatterartstudio.com/category/workshops/ Hope to see you there…the sign up for this workshop is limited to 6 and will be a first come/first serve basis.
- Collage and Mixed Media “Paper and Paint”
This workshop is one that will inspire creativity in all its freedom. Intuitive skills with papers and paint on canvas
or heavy paper using created papers, gelli prints, found papers from wrappers to stamps or any recycled papers plus
all sorts of photos and objects of artistic value to you. We will play in the simplicity of joy as you express your own
artistic views to create with a beautiful outcome. Contact : Sharon Warren 417 894 2899
- Drawing Class with Audrey Bottrell Parks
The first Saturday of the month Drawing Class offers individual instruction so you can come just once or as often as you like. Sometimes there is a clothed model to draw from and other times we may focus on a still life. Those just starting out can have instruction on the basics for drawing and those who want to continue to work on their projects are also welcome! You can follow https://facebook.com/splatterartstudio page to see the focus for the each class. Instructor Audrey Bottrell Parks. Contact her for more information and supplies at 417-848-0894.
- Beginning Drawing Session l
Learn the basics of drawing with different mediums
We will learn about and explore shadow, shading, negative space, etc
We will work in pencil, charcoal, and ink
Classes starting in March
4 Week Sessions
- Beginning Watercolor
Learn the basics of watercolor.
We will cover technique, supplies, etc
Class starts in March
4 Week Sessions
- Introduction to Studio Art
We will explore different mediums for one to two weeks at a time.
Pencil, Charcoal, Ink, Chalk Pastels, Oil Pastels, Watercolor, Acrylic, Oil, Clay and Building Your Portfolio.
Beginning in March
- Kids Art/Homeschool Art
Let your child discover art in different forms.
Projects taken home when completed.
Classes start Saturdays 10 am – Noon, first class begins March 17th
4 Week Sessions
- New Adventures in Watercolor! With Alicia Farris NWS (Now taking wait list-contact Alicia if you’d like to be added to list)
Together we will explore the fabulous features of watercolor while we celebrate the transparency, spontaneity, and luminosity of the medium! We will experiment with unique techniques to appreciate the wonderful characteristics of VERY FORGIVING and spontaneous watercolor! One session will be devoted to painting on non-traditional paper! (supplied by Alicia) This workshop would be suitable for the serious beginner to the advanced watercolor artist. Students benefit from demonstrations, discussions and critiques. Supply list provided.
Dates: January 23, 30, Feb. 6 and 13, 2018.
Contact Alicia to register through her website (www.afarris.com) or by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $110 for 4 sessions (includes studio fee and non-traditional paper)
- LOOSEN UP WITH MIXED MEDIA
We will be doing a paint and collage project. Your choice of subject. Bird, dog, people, Whatever you choose. I have used magazine and newspaper print for my crow, then I painted several layers of acrylic washes over the background.
please email me if you are planning on attending
acrylic paint, water container, clothes for clean up
Modge Podge or acrylic medium
collage material (newspaper, magazines, etc) I have lots of material that I will bring
9×12 canvas board
sketch or image of your subject. Keep it simple
- Everyone Can Learn to Draw Realistically! Class every 1st Saturday!
Instructor: Audrey Bottrell Parks
Have you always wanted to learn how to draw? Do you want to be able to draw your own subjects for painting? Then you might find this class helpful. Everyone can learn to draw realistically! You will learn the thought processes of an artist that will take you beyond drawing symbols to drawing realistically. Subject matter is not important, because you will learn to look at everything in terms of LINE, SHAPE, VALUE and COLOR. Beginners to more advanced students will learn. All individual instruction.
This will be an ongoing class every Tuesday from 10:00 – 12:00! All levels and abilities welcome. Even though it will be a group setting, you will receive individual instruction. Class fee is $20 and a studio fee $5. (schedule)
Open Drawing every First Saturday 9:00 – 12:00 Guided individual instruction for beginners to advanced students. All subject matter with an emphasis on portraiture. Learn how to use all the different kinds of graphite – pencil, powder, water soluble, charcoal; both white and black and learn how to use combinations with toned paper. We will also work from plaster cast heads and occasional live models!
$35 includes studio fee.
- EVERYONE Can Learn to Draw Realistically! Class on Tuesdays!
Everyone Can Learn to Draw Realistically! Class is for every level of ability from the beginner to more experienced artist who wants to improve. The class will be a group setting with all individual instruction. You will learn graphite techniques as well as charcoal and how to use toned paper. When you’re ready, move on to other colored mediums like colored pencil and pastel. Come once or as often as you like! Call Audrey Bottrell for a supply list (417)848-0894.
Check out these awesome student works! EVERYONE can learn to draw realistically! What are you waiting for??